Actifed Multi Action liquid for Dry Coughs helps relieve the symptoms of cold and flu including dry, tickly coughs and relief of nasal congestion.
Contains 3 active ingredients to relieve dry coughs, dry up secretions in the nose and chest and relieve nasal & sinus congestion.
This medicine can make you sleepy which helps if the cough is disturbing your sleep.
Benefits of Actifed Dry Cough Relief:
- Dries Runny Noses
- Unblocks Stuffy Noses
- Clears Catarrh
- Relieves Dry Tickly Coughs
How to take Actifed Dry Cough:
Adults and children over 12 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls every four to six hours.
DO NOT take more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
DO NOT give this medicine to children under 12 years of age.
Each 5ml spoonful contains Dextromethorphan 10mg, Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30mg and Triprolidine hydrochloride 1.25mg.
Each 5ml spoonful also contains Sucrose 2.8g and Alcohol 5%v/v, as well as other inactive ingredients. Full list available in the patient information leaflet.
Driving and using Machinery
This medicine may make you feel sleepy or dizzy, if affected please do not drive or operate machinery
Avoid alcoholic drink.
Can I use Actifed Dry Cough Syrup if I am Pregnant or Breastfeeding? ?
This medicine is NOT suitable for patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please speak with your pharmacist or GP for further information.
What side effects could I expect
Actifed Multi-Action Tablets is generally well tolerated but the following side effects tend to be the most common:
- Difficulty sleeping, nervousness, dizziness
- Difficulty performing tasks
- Blurred Vision
- Thickened mucus, dry mouth or nausea
This list is not exhaustive and for less common side effects please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Who should not use Actifed tablets
This medicine should not be used by the following groups of patients without first seeking medical advice from your GP or our Pharmacist:
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have alcohol dependence
- If you have bronchitis, emphysema or asthma
- If you are susceptible to glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- If you have blocked arteries or veins (occlusive vascular disease).
- If you are being treated for a thyroid disorder (overactive thyroid)
- If you have prostate problems (difficulty with passing water or needing to pass water often).
- If you are or have ever been addicted to opioids, alcohol, prescriptions medicines, or illegal drugs.
- n If you have previously suffered from withdrawal symptoms such as agitation, anxiety, shaking or sweating, when you have stopped taking alcohol or drugs.
Actifed Tablets are not suitable if you use any of the following medicines without first speaking with your GP or Pharmacist for medical advice:
- Hypnotics (sleeping tablets)
- Opioid Pain Killers, eg codeine
- Sedatives – for management of anxiety
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Cardiac Glycosides, eg Digoxin
- Ergot Alkaloids
- Tricyclic Antidepressants, such as Amitriptyline
- Antifungals such as Terbinafine
- Atropine and other anticholinergic drugs
If you have any questions about how this product may interact with your current medicines or conditions please contact us and one of our pharmacists will be more than happy to help.
How do I know if I am addicted to Actifed Dry Cough Liquid?
If you take the medicine according to the instructions on the pack it is unlikely that you will become addicted to the medicine. However, if the following apply to you it is important that you talk to your doctor:
- You need to take the medicine for longer periods.
- You need to take more than the recommended dose.
- When you stop taking the medicine you feel very unwell but you feel better if you start taking the medicine again
Always read the patient information leaflet before using this medicine.
This product is a medicine, and the sales are monitored to ensure the safety of our customers. From time to time we may impose limits on the amounts you may purchase and apply restrictions to the frequency of orders. For helpful advice please read Our Policies in the footer of the site to understand more.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children and below 25c in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product and if you have any questions please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Product Images: Whilst we try to keep our product images up to date we may, particularly for non-branded products ship the same medicine but in different packaging. If you have any questions about this policy please get in touch.
At Travelpharm we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.