What is Benylin Chesty Coughs Non Drowsy?
This Benylin cough syrup is great for chesty coughs that are troublesome during the day where syrups that make you drowsy would be unsuitable. It’s soothing formula provides deep penetrating relief from stubborn bronchial congestion and phlegm.
Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy contains 2 active ingredients, Guaifenesin to loosen stubborn mucus and Levomenthol to help you breathe freely and lessen congestion.
What Is A Chesty Cough?
Chesty coughs, also known as productive coughs are coughs where phlegm or mucous is expelled. The origin of the mucous may be from the sinuses, this is known as catarrh or from the bronchioles deep in the lungs. A cough syrup for a chesty cough, like Benylin Non-Drowsy Chesty Cough should help loosen or break up the mucus.
How To Take Benylin Non-Drowsy Chesty Cough Medicine?
Adults and Children over 12 years old: Take 2 5ml spoonful four times daily.
DO NOT take more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
DO NOT give to children under 12 years old.
If you forget to take a dose, take the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose.
If you have had your cough for longer than 4 weeks please speak with your GP.
Each 5ml of Benylin Non-Drowsy Chesty Cough Contains:
100mg of Guaifenesin and 1.1mg Levomenthol.
Also Contains: Sucrose, liquid glucose, ethanol, glycerol, sodium citrate, saccharin sodium, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), Ponceau 4R (E124), caramel (E150), carbomer, raspberry essence, natural sweetness enhancer and water.
What Side Effects Could I Expect?
Benylin Chesty Cough Non-Drowsy is generally well tolerated but the following side effects can occur:
- Very Rare: Allergic reactions including skin rashes (which may be severe and include blistering and peeling of the skin) and itching.
- Common: Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or diarrhoea
This list is not exhaustive and for less common side effects please refer to the patient information leaflet.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. Contains 1.01 g sucrose per 5 ml dose. Contains 3.5 g glucose per 5 ml dose. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus.
- This medicine contains 0.7 mg of alcohol (ethanol) in each 5 ml dose. The amount in a 5 ml dose of this medicine is equivalent to less than 1 ml beer or wine. The small amount of alcohol in this medicine will not have any noticeable effects
- This product contains Ponceau 4R (E124) red colouring which may cause allergic reactions
- This medicine contains 16.43 mg sodium (main component of cooking/table salt) in each 5 ml dose. This is equivalent to 0.82% of the recommended maximum daily dietary intake of sodium for an adult.
- This medicine contains 8.4 mg benzoate salt in each 5 ml dose which is equivalent to 1.68 mg/1ml
If you have any questions about how this product may interact with your current medicines or conditions please contact us and one of our pharmacists will be more than happy to help.
Can I Use Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy If I Am Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Can I Buy Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy Over The Counter?
This medicine is available to buy over the counter. You do not need a prescription to buy Benylin Chesty Coughs Original but you will be asked some questions about your medical health when you add it to your basket. Our pharmacist will check your consultation prior to despatch to ensure it is safe and appropriate for you.
Always read the patient information leaflet before using this medicine.
This product is a medicine, and the sales are monitored to ensure the safety of our customers. From time to time we may impose limits on the amounts you may purchase and apply restrictions to the frequency of orders. For helpful advice please read Our Policies in the footer of the site to understand more.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children and below 25c in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product and if you have any questions please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Product Images: Whilst we try to keep our product images up to date we may, particularly for non-branded products ship the same medicine but in different packaging. If you have any questions about this policy please get in touch.
At Travelpharm we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.