Colpermin is a slow-release peppermint oil capsule that relieves the pain and discomfort caused by spasms and bloating in episodes of irritable bowel syndrome which has been previously confirmed by a doctor.
These capsules stay intact until they reach the end of the small bowel, then they release the active ingredient, peppermint oil calming and soothing the symptoms of IBS. These symptoms often include:
- Stomach Cramps
- Trapped Wind
- Diarrhoea and Constipation
Adults and Children over 15 years: One or two capsules to be taken up to three times a day depending on how severe the IBS symptoms are.
DO NOT take immediately after food.
DO NOT give to children under 15 years of age.
Swallow whole, do not chew.
Only use if previously diagnosed by a doctor as an IBS sufferer.
The capsules should be taken until symptoms are resolved, normally within one to two weeks. Treatment can be continued for longer periods of between two to three months, when symptoms are more persistent.
If you experience new symptoms or worsening of existing symptoms, consult your doctor.
Peppermint Oil 0.2ml per capsule.
Other ingredients are: Gelatin, colloidal silica, titanium dioxide (E171), indigotine (E132), Eudragit L, Eudragit S, triethyl citrate, ammonia, monostearin, olyethyleneglycol 4000, talc, purified water, beeswax, refined arachis (peanut) oil.
Who Should Not Use Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules?
Do not take this medicine IF:
- You HAVE NOT been diagnosed with IBS.
- You have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- You are allergic to peanuts or soya.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist IF:
- You are aged 40 years or over and it has been some time since your last attack of IBS, or your symptoms have changed.
- Your symptoms worsen, or do not improve over 2 weeks.
- You are taking any indigestion remedies.
- You have passed blood from your bowel.
- You are vomiting or feeling nauseous.
- You have lost your appetite or have unexplained weight loss.
- You are unusually pale or tired.
- You have severe constipation.
What Side Effects Could I Expect?
Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules can have side-effects, like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and are usually mild.
If you experience the following, stop using the medicine and seek immediate medical help:
- Allergic reactions to peppermint oil or menthol including rash, headache, slow pulse rate, loss of co-ordination and shaking can occur. These may occur if the capsules are taken with alcohol.
Other effects, which may include:
- Occasional heartburn or acid reflux. If you already suffer from heartburn and this worsens after taking Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules, you should stop taking this product and consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
- Nausea and vomiting.
Can I Use Colpermin If I Am Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, suspect you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Can I Buy Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules Over The Counter?
This medicine is available to buy over the counter. You do not need a prescription to buy Colpermin IBS Relief but you will be asked some questions about your medical health when you add it to your basket. Our pharmacist will check your consultation prior to despatch to ensure it is safe and appropriate for you.
Always read the patient information leaflet before using this medicine.
This product is a medicine, and the sales are monitored to ensure the safety of our customers. From time to time we may impose limits on the amounts you may purchase and apply restrictions to the frequency of orders. Please helpful advice please read Our Policies in the footer of the site to understand more.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children and below 25c in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product and if you have any questions please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Product Images: Whilst we try to keep our product images up to date we may, particularly for non-branded products ship the same medicine but in different packaging. If you have any questions about this policy please get in touch.
At Travelpharm we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.