What is Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux is a common problem that many people experience at least once. It happens when excess stomach acid tries to travel upwards from your stomach, causing irritation and a burning sensation in your throat or chest, which’s also known as heartburn. If you have acid reflux then you may also experience the following symptoms:
- An unpleasant taste in the mouth
- A persistent cough or hiccoughs
- Bad breath
- A hoarse voice
- Bloating and feeling sick
What is Guardium?
Guardium contains esomeprazole 20mg, a prescription-strength proton pump inhibitor (or PPI for short) to control acid production in your stomach. This treatment reduces the amount of acid produced by your stomach, which in turn protects your stomach and reduces the symptoms of indigestion (dyspepsia) and acid reflux (gastro-oesophageal reflux).
Who is Guardium suitable for?
This medicine is intended for use in adults 18 years or over to treat short term symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux.
How do I take Guardium?
Swallow one tablet daily with water once a day. You may not notice improvements immediately, and sometimes it can take 2 or 3 days for you to notice the full effect.
Do not crush or chew the tablet because it has a special coating to protect it from your stomach acid.
Each Guardium tablet contains Esomeprazole 20mg.
This medicine also contains sucrose and lactose.
For further information please read the patient information leaflet.
When should this product not be used?
Do not use esomeprazole containing products if you are allergic to esomeprazole or any of the ingredients.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
- Ketoconazole and itraconazole, used for fungal infections
- Voriconazole and clarithromycin used to treat infections
- Erlotinib used to treat cancer
- Methotrexate, used to treat cancer and rheumatic disorders
- Digoxin, used for heart problems
- Atazanavir or saquinavir, used to treat HIV
- Citalopram, imipramine, or clomipramine, used to treat depression
- Diazepam, used to treat anxiety, relax muscles, or for epilepsy
- Phenytoin, used for epilepsy
- Blood thinners, such as warfarin
- Cilostazol, used to treat intermittent claudication
- Cisapride, used for indigestion and heartburn
- Rifampicin, used to treat tuberculosis
- Tacrolimus, used in cases of organ transplantation
- St. John’s wort, used to treat depression
or if you are over 55 years old and suffering from new or worsening symptoms.
If your symptoms worsen or are no better after using this medicine for 14 days in a row please speak with your doctor for further advice.
Does Guardium have any side effects?
Most people do not suffer side effects from Guardium but common side effects that can occur include:
- Abdominal pain
Keep out of reach of children and Guardium is not suitable for those under 18 years old
Keep in the original packaging to protect from light and moisture
Always read the patient information leaflet before using this medicine
At Travelpharm we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.