Medicines are not ordinary items of ecommerce. This medicine is frequently misused and your order will be checked by the pharmacist in accordance with our policy on the sale of medicines frequently misused.
Phenergan (containing promethazine hydrochloride) is an sedating antihistamine that can help with a variety of conditions, for example Seasonal allergies like Hay Fever, Pet allergies, rashes/hives, travel sickness, nausea and short term sleeping problems.
How to take Phenergan 10mg Tablets
Do not use for longer than 7 days without speaking to your doctor or pharmacist. If your symptoms do not improve or get worse please speak with your GP immediately.
Children 5-10 years– Single dose of ONE to TWO tablets at night OR ONE tablet twice daily.
Children over 10yrs and Adults – ONE tablet twice daily may increase to TWO tablets three times daily if required.
Children 5-10 years – ONE tablet taken the night before the journey. May repeat the dose after 6-8 hours if required.
Children over 10 years and Adults – TWO tablets to be taken the night before the journey. May repeat the dose after 6-8 hours if required.
Short Term Sleep Problems:
Children 5-10 years – TWO tablets to be taken as a single dose at night.
Children over 10yrs and Adults – TWO to FIVE tablets to be taken as a single dose at night.
Who should avoid Phenergan promethazine hydrochloride tablets?
- Phenergan tablets are not suitable for use by children under the age of 5.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to promethazine hydrochloride or any of the other listed ingredients.
These tablets contain lactose, speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product if you have been told that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
Do not take this product if you:
- Are taking Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOI’s) for depression or have stopped taking one of these medications within the last 14 days
- Are giving the tablets to someone who is unconscious or in a coma
- Suffer from severe dizziness
- Suffer from severe drowsiness
- Suffer from severe headaches
- Take anticholinergic medicines, e.g. medicines for irritable bowel syndrome, asthma, weak bladder
- Take medicines for depression e.g. amitriptyline
- Take medicines to help you to sleep or feel more relaxed, e.g. diazepam, zolpidem
What side effects can I expect from Phenergan?
Commonly reported side effcets include: drowsiness, dizziness, restlessness, headaches, nightmares, tiredness, and disorientation
Other side effects can occur such us: blurred vision, dry mouth and difficulty passing urine. These side effects are more pronounced in the elderly.
Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun whilst taking Phenergan due risk of skin reactions.
Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you suffer drowsiness with Prenergan 10mg tablets.
Always read the patient information leaflet before use.
At Travelpharm we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.