Preparation H ointment is ideal for use on piles (haemorrhoids), containing shark liver oil and yeast cell extract which both work together to help soothe sore and itchy skin. This ointment acts as an emollient by providing a protective barrier that helps to soothe and protect and helps to lubricate and moisturise dry, itchy skin.
What are haemorrhoids?
Typical symptoms of haemorrhoids include:
- An itchy bottom
- Bright red blood on the toilet paper or in the toilet bowl
- Pain and discomfort around your anus
- Mucous or Slime on your underwear or toilet paper
To help prevent haemorrhoids or improve symptoms you should:
- Drink plenty of water (regularly) to ensure your stools are soft
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables
- Use damp, rather than dry tissue paper when wiping your bottom
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce your caffeine and alcohol intake. For example, drink less tea/coffee/energy drinks
- Keep your bottom clean and dry, but take regular warm baths to soothe the area
Some things may make the problem worse:
- Medicines containing Opiates. Codeine and other opiates slow your bowel motions causing constipation and invariably piles due to straining.
- Do not push too hard when doing a poo
- Do not ignore the need to go to the toilet as this may lead to straining next time.
How Preparation H help your piles
- Relief from symptoms of haemorrhoids.
- Quickly absorbed.
- Moisturises anal area.
- Soothes itching.
- A rich formula containing natural moisturising ingredients.
Preparation H ointment helps to shrink the tissues swollen by inflammation, relieves the local itching and discomfort associated with haemorrhoids.
How to use Preparation H:
Ideally used in the morning, at night and after each bowel movement. Ensure the area is clean and dry before use and always ensure you wash hands after application.
Shark liver oil, yeast cell extract.
Always read the Patient Information Leaflet before use.
This product is a medicine and the sales of this product monitored to ensure the safety of our customers. From time to time we may impose limits on the amounts you may purchase and apply restrictions to the frequency of orders. Please see our policies in the footer of the site to understand more.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product and if you have any questions please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Product Images: Whilst we try to keep our product images up to date we may, particularly for non branded products ship the same medicine but in different packaging. If you have any questions about this policy please get in touch.
At Travelpharm we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.